Down to the beach apparenatly.... It has been raining here now pretty much for 2 solid weeks. Occassionally it will stop for portions of the day but the sun is no where to be seen. According to the forcast it may be another 4 or 5 days before the Sun makes another appearance.
Today after returning from the Basketball game, and a few errands I had planned to run some of the students potentially to the mall since the weather was so miserable. (Probably got 2 or 3 inches of rain today).... However when I got back to campus everyone wanted to go swimming. Apparently they like swimming in the rain. There were so many of them that wanted to go I thought what the heck - why not - and almost simultaneously Peter decided the same thing so we hopped in vehicles and headed down to the beach but unfortunately when we got there the life guards reported that the currents were too dangerous - the rain storm was a bit too severe - and we were denied. I was all ready to be adventurous and we were denied. Hopefully we will get a chance to swim in the rain later in the year.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When it's warm, swimming/ playing in the rain is a lot of fun!! You're already wet, so... Over the summer the girls and I played ball in Chris's yard in the rain (ours was too crowded to really run and kick it). Definitely an activity to put on your "must do" list.
Post a Comment