Thursday, October 19, 2006

One Night with the King

On my day off this week I went to see the new movie "One night with the King" which is based on the book of the Bible, Esther..... which I have read many times and happens to be one of my favorite. I have to say it was very interesting.....certainly they took many artistic liberties including adding a love interest for Esther before she was taken to be prepared and considered for a chance to be queen. They also cut out part of the biblical version of the story - I suppose thinking it a bit too redundant AND probably to shorten the length of the movie since it seemed to feel a little long by the end.

Right now I have mixed feelings about the movie.... I think I need to go back and read the book of Esther again to see if there are indeed details that I missed when I read it in the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The movie is NEVER as good as the book...