Even though I don't have my Mazda and my Mitsibishi has a hard time going up hills when it is full and the air conditioner is running..... I still have the ability to instill panic in my passengers. I was out with a student and she was telling me how to get back to school when I saw the Route number that the school was on. People here on the Island rarely know things by the Route number and almost always go by landmarks when they drive. The student seemed quite nervous when I tried to go off on my own and not the way she was familiar. Then as it turned out the road was particulary, hilly, and twisty, and bumpying...... and although I was only going 25 mph --- it was fast enough to make the girl blurt out....."How fast are you driving this thing?" I immediately started laughing heartily and then so did she.
Today (Friday) I took the written exam for my chauffer's license. Without them and a 15 passenger mini-bus test we can not take students anywhere. This is really limiting our abililty to get done what needs to be done.....and means I have to take many more driving trips then otherwise necessary. We also found that it will take a week for them to post the results. Welcome to Guam.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment