I remember when I was preparing to come to Guam and I was trying to figure out how big the Island can be..... I thought with so many golf courses how could there be room for anything else? Yet compared to my expectation - the island seems huge with tons of totally undeveloped land. I am told, however, the island seems to shrink the longer you have been here.
Some of my co-workers have shared how they have even become a bit "bored" with the Island and all it has to offer. They have been everywhere and done everything they would like to do here......
Yet every day I drive by an Ocean View gladly it still takes my breath away....then I tell myself.... "Wow I live here." Of course Pennsylvania has a beauty all it's own...... and I am already missing the cooling weahter, the autumn leaves, college football, the smells of wood fires burning in fireplaces (although I realize even in PA that is getting more rather with the popularity of gas fireplaces.)
I have to say it seems very weird to see the Halloween costumes in the stores here when it still feels like summer. Then again, they probably hit the stores there in the summer already since it seems to keep getting earlier and earlier every year.
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Chekc out the Weather Channel - it's still 70 degrees (ok - it could be hotter...) with 89% humidity. At least you can see the ocean!
And tommorow its going to be 85 degrees.
Wait until the weird feeling you get seeing Christmas lights with no chance of snow. With last winter being my first winter without "winter" here in Corpus it was very odd and made me laugh all the time.
Doug
Post a Comment