Friday, April 20, 2007

He's Back!

On Monday afternoon I was sitting in my apartment and I heard a noise outside which sounded like a dog crying. It was a dog crying. It was PeeVee. He had a rope on him. Someone had tied him up. But he came back to see me. Unfortunately I was on my way to take the students shopping so I didn't do anything about it and he was gone by the time I got back.

The next day around lunch there was a knock at my door. One of the students was there and PeeVee was with him. I decided to tie him up so he would stay and we could take care of him.

The last couple of nights I let him sleep in my apartment so he would not keep barking all night. Turns out that he was house broken. However he keeps waking me up in the middle of the night to either go out or to play since he often sleeps a lot during the day because of the heat. It is a bit like having a baby. Last night after the third night I just put him outside after we walked the campus at 4am.

A lot of the students and some of the faculty and staff were also glad to see him back. One of the guys came over with Peter when he heard that the dog was back. He told me that the guys were praying that God would send the dog back because they saw how sad I was when he was gone. I was really touched that they could pick that up and that they wanted me to have the dog.

We are not sure how old he is but I am a bit afraid that he might look like Marmaduke when he is full grown. Seems like he has grown quite a bit in the last couple of weeks already.

No comments: