It is hard to believe that it has been over a week that I have been back in PA. For the most part I am finally on the East coast schedule with my body clock. It has been good to be home visiting with my family. I have spent a lot of the first week resting with a few visits to friends and families.
Although it feels good to be home, it is amazing to take in all the changes. Some of the younger people that I knew have grown probably close to a foot in the last year and it is really amazing to see how much older and more mature they are. It is fun to notice all the changes in the neighborhoods with new stores and buildings all over the place. I also have enjoyed going to the grocery store with my Dad. The new products and the wide selection of things available in everything is really fun to see. In Guam, we have a lot of what is available in the States but never the amount of selection. For example, in Guam, they have only one type of Diet Coke as to about the 12 types available in many places. It is also nice to be at my parents where there is always a plethera of fresh produce. One thing we have a smaller selection in here in PA is SPAM. I can't imagine why they don't have a whole Isle of the stuff.
This week I have to get started in calling churches and writing letters to try and raise support for another year in Guam. On the 21st of June I will head to Liebenzell in Schooley's Mountain for the week where I will get to see many of my friends from Schooley's Mountain. I am looking forward to that as well.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Welcome home, Melly Mel! I'm anxious to see you. I have off on Fridays and Saturdays. Have any of those free?
hafa adai from Guam, mel. and greetings from PIBC.... waiooooooooooo!
Hello Melissa, when we went to KMart yesterday to buy your hats, we almost picked up a special variety of SPAM for you. Your post made it sound as if you were going through SPAM withdrawal.
Post a Comment