
On New Year's Day, we had a quiet day. Most of the Island was shut down. One thing we did was visit with Mesikt and Emeraech. Emeraech graduated from PIBC this past May with her AA. She is currently teaching at a Kindergarten in the neighborhood which we were staying.

The other thing we did was go snorkling. We didn't have a boat so we decided just to try to find a place on the main island. We tried Long Island Beach park. We did not see many fish in the sea grass and the water was kind of murky so we tried this place. We were the only one's there. When we told the locals about it - they chuckled but they would not share what was so bad about it. It looks nice enough.

When we returned from Palau we were told by some fellow PIBC'ers who lived in Palau that this park is next to the Sewage treatment plant. I thought I was a bit stinky when I finished, but such is life. We showered and survived and saw some nice fish in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment