Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm it!

The first couple weeks of the semester I have so busy between being Dean of Women and being a new professor that I barely noticed that my friend Brad Boydston "tagged" me. Basically he responded to 6 question on his blog which someone else had "tagged" him with and now I will do the same.

1) What is the most fun work you've ever done, and why?
I would have to say my current job of being Dean of Women at PIBC in Guam is about the most fun and rewarding job that I have ever done. Why? I am thankful for the opportunity to serve God in full time service. Also I believe doing my job makes a difference in the lives of others. (I pray for the positive) The people are tremendous. Both the staff and students fill my life with joy on a regular basis. (Of course there are days which are more stressful then joyful but fortunately they are the exception so far.) Each day is different and often somewhat of an adventure.
2A) Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did?
Wear a size 10. :o) Although over all I am happy just the way I am.
2B) Name one thing you've always wanted to do but keep putting it off?
Go back to Ecuador and visit the people of Cotachaci whom I met on a mission trip there.
3A) What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why?
I would like to learn Guitar and be fluent in Spanish. I love music and to sing. (Not that people like to hear me.) I especially singing praise and worship to accoustical guitar plus being in ministry it is not always easy to find a guitar player when you need one. As far as Spanish I have been to 3 missions trips in Spanish speaking countries - I love the language and Latin American people. I hope to go back some time.
3B) If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn?
Ruthann Batstone - she actually was the first counselor that I went to. She and her husband also run a discipleship ministry in which they travel the world giving seminars. She is an amazing woman of God, and I would hope to learn to be more mature in my faith, compassionate and a better counselor from her.
4A) What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Thoughtful, Crazy, Faithful
4B) Now list two more words you wish described you. Neat (All my past roommates are shaking their heads) and Calm (I had a hard time picking the right word to describe my need to slow down a bit and be less anxious - Sometimes my speed makes Micronesians nervous)
5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes) God, Relationships (Family and Friends), Laughing
6) Write and answer one more question that YOU would ask someone.
If you had a chance to ask God one question that he would be guarenteed to answer what would it be?

My answer: As I try to think of my questions I imagine myself in God's presense and all my questions seem so small..... I will post the answer at a later date but right now I need to go check on some things on campus.

2 comments:

Brad Boydston said...

"Thoughtful, Crazy, Faithful" -- good description, although I'd clarify and say "crazy" in a positive way.

Anonymous said...

Nah! I'd say crazt in a crazy way!! <3 :)